Your eyes get a lot of exposure to the sun and the outdoor elements. Squinting can speed up the appearance of lines and wrinkles. If you experience water retention, these fluids can gather beneath your eye area and create puffiness and dark circles. Regularly using an eye cream or eye gel can help to improve some of these problems. Aging and sun damage can both lead to a reduction in collagen production.
The thinner and sensitive skin beneath and around your eye is more prone to wrinkles and early signs of aging. Certain ingredients and formulas can help you target your individual under-eye concerns. We’ll help you explore the ingredient menu and the best ways to apply specialty creams for the best results.
Good ingredients for eyes
Eye gels and creams help to soften lines, wrinkles, and crow’s feet. These emollients help to reduce dark circles and with the lessening of lines and wrinkles the outcome that you appear more awake and youthful. While there is no magical fountain of youth you can find some softness and relief in using an eye treatment.
- L-ascorbic acid, ascorbyl palmitate, retinyl ascorbate and sodium ascorbyl phosphate.
Vitamin C promotes collagen production reducing fine lines and wrinkles. Vit C helps reduce fine lines, and wrinkles making skin appear more youthful. This powerful antioxidant protects skin cells from damage from free radicals and UV exposure
- Niacin, vitamin B3, nicotinic acid, pyridine-3-carboxylic acid, nicotinamide, niacinamide, pyridine-3-carboxamide, nicotinamide riboside
Niacin or B3 supports your skin barrier (that’s the outermost layer of skin). This ingredient helps restore texture and even out pol production. Niacin helps reduce dark spots and improves the skin’s tone and feel.
- Retin-A, Retin-A micro, retinol, retinyl palmitate, retinaldehyde, adapalene, isotretinoin, tretinoin and tazarotene, vitamin A.
Retinoids smooth the skins surface by reducing fine lines and wrinkles by increasing collagen production. Retinol helps stimulate the production of new blood vessels in the skin in turn improving the skins tone and appearance, by fading age spots and softening rough skin.
- Palmitoyl pentapeptide, Matrixyl™, Matrixyl™ 3000, Matrixyl™ Synthe 6, Acetyl tetrapeptide-9, Acetyl hexapeptide 3, hexapeptide 8, hexapeptide 20, Argireline, Palmitoyl oligopeptide, Tripeptide 1
Peptides are the building blocks of proteins in the skin such as collagen and elastin. Peptides reduce breakouts and help keep skin firm and plump, leading to skin that appears younger and more youthful. These are beneficial in eye cream.
Helps diminish vascular conditions that emerge as skin imperfections such as dark circles under the eyes, redness from rosacea, and broken capillaries.
- Acide Hyaluronique, Ácido Hialurónico, Glycoaminoglycan, Glycoaminoglycane, Hyaluran, Hyaluronan, Hyaluronate de Sodium, Hyaluronate Sodium, Hylan, Sodium Hyaluronate, HA
Known as an excellent humectant and emollient with moisturizers, lubricates and soothes skin.
For best results
Use your eye cream or eye gel first thing morning and night after cleansing your skin. You can even dab a bit on throughout the day for a dewy look.